Former General Counsel and Compliance Officer with Significant Healthcare and Insurance Industry Experience
Kenneth Sodaro is a health law attorney with more than 25 years of experience in the healthcare and insurance industries. At Octillo, Ken works in conjunction with the firm’s Data Security and Privacy Compliance and Health Law teams to provide clients with business-oriented and cost-effective Fractional General Counsel Services. Ken’s practice includes contract development and review, employee privacy matters, third-party vendor management, governance support, data security and privacy regulatory compliance, and interfacing with outside counsel and regulators.
Prior to joining Octillo, Ken served as General Counsel, Corporate Secretary, and Senior Vice President for a multi-billion dollar health insurance provider. Keeping business growth and strategy top of mind, Ken advised on legal and compliance initiatives, managed the organization’s in-housel legal team, and interfaced with regulatory agencies, outside counsel, and the organization’s senior management and Board of Directors.
Ken is Certified in Healthcare Compliance (CHC) by the Compliance Certification Board.
- New York State Bar Association
- Erie County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- National Health Lawyers Association
- American Corporate Counsel Association
- Health Care Compliance Association
- Society of Corporate Compliance Executives
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Buffalo, Board Chair
- Buffalo State College Foundation, Board Member, Nominating and Governance Committee Chair
- New York
- State University of New York at Buffalo, BS, 1985
- State University of New York at Buffalo School of Law, JD, 1992