Experiencing an incident?
24/7 Data Breach Hotline
When you’re experiencing a cybersecurity incident, you need both a calm voice and an experienced partner on your side.
You need Octillo.
A cyberattack can bring down any organization—regardless of size. Experiencing such an event may cause business interruptions, trigger complex regulatory and contractual issues, and cause feelings of stress, confusion, and even intimidation. Whatever you’re going through, our team can handle it.
With cyberattacks growing more frequent and complex, businesses need strategic, responsive support to address the numerous challenges that can arise in their wake.
Our Incident Response team is led by some of the top data breach attorneys in the country and has responded to national and international data breaches, cyber incidents, and data thefts.
We know this area of the law well. We’ve helped shape it from the ground up.
Because of our depth of experience, Octillo is recognized as a NetDiligence Authorized Breach Coach® - a title reserved for firms with a proven track record of competence in response to data security incidents.
By calling our 24/7 breach hotline, your problem becomes our collective focus.
Octillo has the bench strength to act swiftly and the deep technical experience and forensic support necessary to navigate the early moments of an incident— when time is of the essence.
When a data breach or security event occurs, our incident response team mobilizes, providing immediate, around-the-clock access to counsel.
We’ll devise a strategic and custom-tailored incident response plan for your unique situation, with a sophisticated incident response process that can involve the following steps:
- Preserving sensitive data and systems while restoring business operations and essential functionality
- Coordinating digital forensic investigations and insurance reporting
- Analyzing legal and contractual reporting obligations
- Working towards state, federal, and industry regulatory compliance
- Preparing internal and external crisis management communication plans
- Providing counsel on notification and identity monitoring obligations
We stay in close contact with you as we investigate exactly what we’re dealing with and make a clear path forward—in the very best interest of your business.
We don’t stop until we’ve brought your business to other side of the attack, mitigating further risk along the way.
Octillo is well-versed in many state, federal, and international regulatory regimes, including:
- State Data Breach Notification Laws
- HIPAA, HITECH regulations
- Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS)
- Gramm-Leach Bliley Act (GLBA) and related state laws
- Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Bank Secrecy Act
- California Consumer Protection Act (CCPA) and other emerging state privacy laws
- DOO Regulations and Requirements such as Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations Supplement (DFARS)
- Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Regulations
- International Regulations (EU’s GDPR, Canada’s PIPEDA and more)
- Cyber Incident Reporting for Critical Infrastructure Act 2022
- State Finance, Healthcare, Contracting, Education and Other Regulations
We regularly help clients overcome common and complex cybersecurity incidents including:
- Ransomware and Data Extortion
- Business Email Compromise
- Misdirected Payment Recovery
- Third-Party Breaches
- Phishing and Social Engineering Attacks
- Application Exploitation
- Card-stuffing and Bot Attacks
- Denial of Service (DOS) Attacks
- Website Spoofing and DMCA disputes
- Inadvertent Disclosures
- Domain-jacking and Account Theft
- Rogue & Former Employee Activity, including IP Theft
- Potential Threat Identification and Event Qualification
Octillo provides a comprehensive approach to cybersecurity, helping you stay focused on your business. We are insurance carrier-approved and well-equipped to guide you through any high-pressure data breach or cyberattack.
Sleep better tonight. Contact Team Octillo.