Last Updated September 29, 2022
II. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In order to operate the Website and provide you with access to certain services that we offer through the Website, we collect the following types of information from you, which are described in more detail below: (A) information you provide to us on our website, (B) information about you and your activities on the Website, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, domain server, the type of computer, web browser, operating system or platform you use and referrer data identifying the web pages you visited before and after visiting our Website, your movement and activity within the Website and your geographic location, and (C) information we collect in exploring or during an attorney-client relationship. All of the information listed above and detailed below, which is collectively now referred to as “Information.”
A. Information We Collect From You Directly Online
We collect your Information when you provide it to us during your direct interactions through our Website, such as when you complete any “contact us” forms, send us e-mails about inquires or job opportunities, sign up for one of our programs or events, or sign up for our newsletter, or other areas in which you otherwise interact with our Website. The Information we collect and maintain about you includes:
- Contact information, such as name, title, company affiliation, e-mail address, postal address, country, and telephone numbers.
B. Information We May Automatically Collect During Your Visit To Our Website
In addition to collecting Information from you, we, or our third-party service providers may use a variety of technologies that automatically collect Information about you or your activities on our Website.
This includes your:
- IP address;
- Domain server;
- The type of computer, web browser, operating system or platform you use;
- Data identifying the web pages you visited before and after visiting our Website (often referred to as “referrer data”);
- Your movement and activity within the Website; and/or
- Your geographic location.
C. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
D. Information Collected From Potential And Actual Clients, Partners, And Vendors
We may receive information from or on behalf of our clients and potential clients, Partners and Vendors to help us operate our business and provide services, which could cover a wide area of information. We use this information in providing legal services and for marketing, recruiting, networking, and business operational and educational purposes. We may supplement this information with information we gather from other sources, such as referral sources and publicly-available sources.
E. Do Not Track (DNT) is an optional browser setting that allows you to express your preferences regarding tracking by advertisers and other third parties. We do not respond to DNT signals.
III. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
A. Use and Purpose of Processing Your Information
We use and process your information above for things that may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide legal services or explore a potential attorney-client relationship (although use of our Website is for advertising purposes and does not create an attorney-client relationship);
- Process your newsletter registration, including, at the time, verifying that the e-mail address you provide is active and valid;
- Send you our newsletter if you have registered to receive it;
- Fulfill your requests for services and information;
- To respond to your inquiries;
- Provide customer services and resolve any questions;
- Communicate with you regarding our services;
- Cross-reference with other Information that we have acquired about you or may acquire about you through other sources;
- Comply with our Terms and Conditions of Use;
- Comply with any applicable laws and regulations and respond to lawful requests; and
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your Information or pursuant to your consent.
B. Lawful Basis For Processing Your Information
C. How Long We Keep Your Information
We generally keep Information for so long as it may be relevant to the purposes listed above, consistent with any applicable laws and agreements. To dispose of Information, we may anonymize it, delete it, or take other appropriate steps. Data may persist in copies made for backup and business continuity purposes for an additional time.
D. Sharing Your Information
- Third-Party Service Providers. In some cases we may employ third-party service providers to perform certain services on our behalf, including, without limitation: (i) processing your Information to provide legal services to you or requests you have made; (ii) providing customer service; (iii) shipping, sending postal mail and e-mails; (iv) analyzing, updating and correcting Information we receive on the Website; (v) performing business analysis, data processing and/or quality control; (vi) providing marketing assistance, search results and links (including, without limitation, paid listings and links); (vii) processing credit card and debit card payments; (viii) hosting our databases; (ix) providing you with Information you requested; and (x) collecting Information such as name, email, and title to register you for our events and webinars. Consequently, we may share your Information with these third-party service providers if they need it to perform services on our behalf. However, such third-party service providers are not authorized by us to use your Information for any other purpose.
- Disclosure of Customer Information for Legal and Administrative Reasons. We may disclose your Information without notice: (i) when required by law or to comply with a court order, subpoena, search warrant or other legal processes; (ii) to cooperate in investigations of fraud, intellectual property infringement or any other activity that is illegal or may expose us or you to legal liability; (iii) to comply with legal, regulatory or administrative requirements of governmental authorities (including, without limitation, requests from the governmental agency authorities to view your Information); (iv) to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of us, our subsidiaries and affiliates and any of their officers, directors, employees, attorneys, agents, contractors and partners, and the Website’s users; (v) to enforce or apply the Website’s Terms and Conditions of Use; and (vi) to verify the identity of the Website’s users.
IV. LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
While on the Website or when viewing an e-mail or other content provided by us or the Website, you may encounter links to other websites operated by third parties, such as LinkedIn. These other websites may set their own cookies, collect data or have their own privacy policies and practices. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such third-party websites, and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of these sites as soon as you enter them. Links to any third-party website or content do not constitute or imply an endorsement or recommendation by us of the linked website or content.
V. INFORMATION PROTECTION
We use industry-standard procedures and safeguards to help protect the confidentiality of your Information. However, you should assume that no data transmitted over the Internet can be 100% secure. Therefore, although we believe the measures implemented by us reduces the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved, we do not promise or guarantee, and you should not expect, that your Information or private communications will always remain private. We do not guarantee that your Information will not be misused or disclosed to third parties. We will not have any liability for misuse or disclosure of your Information.
If you believe that your Information has been stolen or accessed by an unauthorized person, you are required to notify us so that necessary measures can be taken immediately.
VI. CONSENT TO TRANSFER
The Website is operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that the Information we collect will be transferred to and processed in the United States. By using the Website, or providing us with any Information, you consent to this transfer, processing, and storage of your Information in the United States, a jurisdiction in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen. Portions of our site may be supported by a network of computers or cloud-based servers in other jurisdictions. We do not represent that our Website is appropriate or available in any particular jurisdiction.
VII. UPDATING AND ACCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
If you believe that any Information collected and maintained by us about you is not correct or has changed, please send an e-mail message to [email protected] explaining the correction or change. We also may provide web pages or other mechanisms through which you can correct or update the Information we have collected and maintained.
In accordance with our routine record keeping, we may delete certain records that contain Information you have submitted through the Website. We are under no obligation to store such Information indefinitely and disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such Information.
If you ask us to delete your Information, we will do so within a reasonable period of time, but not longer than one month from the date the request is received. Please note that we may need to retain some Information about you in order to satisfy our legal and security obligations. In addition, you should be aware that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your Information from our databases without some residual data because of backups and other reasons. See also section III(C) regarding our retention of your Information.
We provide users with the ability to opt-out of receiving marketing and other communications from us, and to update, supplement, or delete Information we have about them.
To the extent, certain data protection laws apply, and we hold your Information in our capacity as a data controller as defined under those laws, you may request that we:
- Restrict the way that we process and disclose your Information
- Transfer your Information to a third party
- Revoke your consent for the processing of your Information
- Provide you with access to your Information
- Remove your Information if no longer necessary for the purposes collected
- Prevent the processing of your Information for direct marketing purposes
- Update your Information so it is correct and not out of date
- Object to our processing of your Information
The requests above will be considered and responded to in the time period stated by applicable law. Note, certain Information may be exempt from such requests. We may require additional Information from you to confirm your identity in responding to such requests. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the authorities applicable to you and your situation, although we invite you to contact us with any concern as we would be happy to try and resolve it directly.
VIII. CHILDREN’S INFORMATION
The Website is intended only for users over the age of eighteen (18). If we become aware that a user is under thirteen (13) (or a higher age threshold where applicable) and has provided us with Information, we will take steps to comply with any applicable legal requirement to remove such Information. Contact us if you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected Information from a child under the age of thirteen (13).
Again, if you have any updates to the Information we have about you, please send those to [email protected]. See section VII, above.