We seek highly qualified attorneys with tech/data/commercial transactions experience and a passion for data privacy and cybersecurity to join our team. Ideal applicants for this role will have three to five years of experience advising clients on cyber/data/privacy compliance issues and negotiating and drafting technology transactions.
- Advise clients on cyber/data/privacy compliance issues, including CCPA, CPRA, GDPR, and other privacy laws.
- Provide counsel on a variety of technology transactions, such as the licensing of technology and other intellectual property, the development and licensing of data, the distribution of products or content, SaaS arrangements, and the provision of other services.
- Provide strategic and pragmatic legal advice on the legal and regulatory requirements of technology implementation/usage and data security and privacy.
- Negotiate and draft a wide variety of agreements involving technology, including business association, data processing, managed service provider, cloud service, blockchain, or any other information technology agreements.
- A self-starter who thrives in a remote work environment and can drive projects to completion.
- Demonstrated ability to solve legal problems relating to new and emerging technologies and/or new business models.
- Ability to think strategically, assess risks, and provide business-oriented solutions.
- Exceptional drafting, writing, research, and negotiation skills.
- Working knowledge of major U.S., Canadian, and EU privacy laws (e.g., GDPR, CCPA, CPRA, ePrivacy Directive, PIPEDA) and marketing laws (e.g., CAN-SPAM, TCPA).
- Extremely organized with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, multi-task, work under tight deadlines, and adjust to rapidly changing priorities.
- An exceptional ability to communicate verbally and in writing with a wide variety of audiences (technical and non-technical) about complex technologies and legal requirements.
- Dedicated to the delivery of exceptional client service with the ability to effectively engage directly with clients.
- Motivated to build client relationships and grow our practice.
- Successful candidates will have a high level of academic achievement from a nationally recognized law school and be admitted to practice law in the jurisdiction where they will work.
What We Offer
We are a fully remote boutique law firm with a diverse and talented team that is passionate about privacy technology. You will find an exceptional culture where:
- We enjoy our work and each other.
- We value flexibility.
- We are all about teamwork and collaboration.
- We place a premium on helping our people to succeed.
- We live by our values.
Our competitive benefits package includes:
- Remote work model with a work-from-home stipend
- 401(k) savings plan
- Professional Development stipend
The salary range for the Tech Transaction Attorney position is $120,000 to $160,000 and will ultimately be determined based on the candidate’s specific skills and experience. Successful candidates are also eligible for discretionary incentive bonuses.
If you are qualified and interested in this position, please email your resume to [email protected].
Octillo is an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or another protected characteristic.