Data Security and Privacy Compliance Attorney
Beata Safari is a contracts attorney who focuses her practice at the intersection of data security, privacy, and technology. Her experience includes advising public-sector clients on construction-related contracts, drafting vendor contracts, and responding to contract disputes and claims.
At Octillo, Beata counsels clients on domestic and international data security and privacy laws. She helps build privacy programs that work towards compliance with regulations, such as the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (VCDPA), Colorado Privacy Act (CPA), and other emerging privacy laws. She also reviews existing data security and privacy protocols to identify vulnerabilities and works to mitigate legal risk using practical, cost-effective solutions.
Beata is a Certified Information Privacy Professional for the United States (CIPP/US) as certified by the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP). She is fluent in English, Russian, and professionally proficient in French.
• New York
• New Jersey
• United States District Court, NJ
• Columbia Law School, LL.M., 2021
• Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., 2017
• George Washington University, B.A. magna cum laude, 2013
• New York City Bar Association, Technology, Cyber and Privacy Law Committee Member
• International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), Member
- Bulletin, Facebook’s Response to the Irish Data Protection Commission Falls Flat, Colum. J. Transnat’l. L. (Oct. 16, 2020), https://www.jtl.columbia.edu/bulletin-blog/facebooks-response-to-the-irish-data-protection-commission-falls-flat.
- Intangible Privacy Rights: How Europe’s GDPR Will Set a New Global Standard for Personal Data Protection, 47 Seton Hall L. Rev. 809 (2017), https://scholarship.shu.edu/shlr/vol47/iss3/6/.