Data Security and Privacy Compliance and Health Law Attorney
Alexis Rose is a data privacy and compliance attorney who advises health care clients on compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, (HIPAA) as well as state breach notification, privacy, and security laws.
Alexis has worked with hospitals and health care providers to evaluate their compliance programs, and to design and implement compliance programs. She has advised clients on reporting and notification of breaches and has assisted clients with HIPAA Risk Assessments to ensure compliance with the terms of Office for Civil Rights resolution agreements.
Alexis served as a Legal and Policy Intern for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights. She also served as a Judicial Intern for Special Master Mindy Michaels Roth in the U.S. Court of Federal Claims and as a Legal Intern for the Department of Health for the District of Columbia.
- District of Columbia
- American University Washington College of Law, J.D.
- American University School of Public Affairs, M.P.P.
- The State University of New Jersey, B.A.
- Certification of Health Care Compliance, Health Care Compliance Association
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association