We are pleased to announce that Jordan Fischer and Naimah Duporte will present at the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans 68th Annual Employee Benefits Conference taking place October 23 - 26, 2022, at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.
On Monday, October 24, 2022, from 10:15 am – 11:15 am PT, Octillo Partner, Jordan Fischer, will co-panel a discussion on ‘Cybersecurity—It’s OK to Spend Money to Protect Member Data,’ along with Michael Stoyanovich, Vice President and Senior Consultant, Administration and Technology Consulting (ATC). A repeat session will also be offered on Tuesday, October 25, 2022, from 1:15 pm to 2:30 pm.
Learning objectives include:
- Funds need independent review of:
- Email policies and usage (staff, trustees, employers)
- Equipment security (laptops, desktops, mobile phones)
- Multifactor authentication
- On-site servers and all cloud storage services
- Connections to other data sources (e.g., recordkeepers).
- How to review vendors for security audits and services
- No fund is too small for security improvements
- What is the difference between a security audit and ongoing reviews?
- How much can a security audit change your cybersecurity liability policy?
- Unique participant identifiers
On Tuesday, October 25, 2022, from 9:15 am – 10:30 am PT, Jordan will be joined by Octillo attorney, Naimah Duporte, and together they will co-panel a discussion on, ‘Privacy and Cybersecurity: Issues of the Brave New World.’ This session will focus on cybersecurity and data privacy trends including, virtual treatments and HIPAA risks, protecting attorney-client privilege, dealing with data breaches, and Department of Labor (DOL) Guidance.
The 68th Annual Employee Benefits Conference brings together nearly 5,000 employee benefits peers from across the country. Attendees may join this conference either in-person or virtually. For more information about IFEBP or to register for the IFEBP 68th Annual Employee Benefits Conference, visit the link below: