We seek highly qualified incident response attorneys who will demonstrate a passion for data privacy and cybersecurity by helping our clients navigate the fast-paced challenges that follow a potential data compromise. Ideal applicants for this role will have two to four years of experience with incident response, incident response planning, and providing legal counsel related to data security and privacy laws and regulations.
- Support our clients in the investigation of, and response to, potential data breaches.
- Provide counsel on cybersecurity breach notification and other risks and obligations that flow from cybersecurity matters.
- Advise IT, information security, and business unit stakeholders regarding the development and implementation of cybersecurity and incident response plans and compliance with regulations and industry standards regarding security.
- A self-starter who thrives in a remote work environment and can drive investigations to completion.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to navigate and make critical decisions regarding incidents involving cutting-edge and emerging technologies.
- Ability to lead investigations and effectively collaborate with client teams and outside vendors to determine corrective actions.
- Extremely organized with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, multi-task, work under tight deadlines, and adjust to rapidly changing priorities.
- A high level of comfort with new technologies.
- An exceptional ability to communicate verbally and in writing with a wide variety of audiences (technical and non-technical) about complex technologies and legal requirements.
- Knowledge of US (state and federal) information security and cybersecurity laws and regulations.
- Dedicated to the delivery of exceptional client service with the ability to effectively engage directly with clients.
- Motivated to build client relationships and grow our practice.
- Experience advising on data security and privacy, including data breach response; a working knowledge of technology standards and technical investigations related to data security and privacy is preferred.
- Successful candidates will have a high level of academic achievement from a nationally recognized law school and be admitted to practice law in the jurisdiction where they will work.
What We Offer
We are a fully remote boutique law firm with a diverse and talented team that is committed to excellent client service and high standards of teamwork. You will find an exceptional culture where:
- We enjoy our work and each other.
- We value flexibility.
- We are all about teamwork and collaboration: your success is our success.
- We place a premium on helping our people to succeed.
Our competitive benefits package includes:
- Remote work model with a work-from-home stipend
- 401(k) savings plan
- Professional development stipend
The salary range for the Incident Response Attorney position is $120,000 to $160,000 and will ultimately be determined based on the candidate’s specific skills and experience. Successful candidates are also eligible for discretionary incentive bonuses.
If you are qualified and interested in this position, please email your resume to [email protected].
Octillo is an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or another protected characteristic.